HAUTE DOG BEAUTY CONTESTS (featuring the National Bulldog Beauty Contest and the National Mutt Show) with Pet Adoption Fair and vendor fair.There are 20 contests for all breeds/mixes in Long Beach, Calif. at Marine Stadium. Free to spectate.
THE HAUTE DOG organization (pro-nounced "HOT") is a diverse and growing network of dog owners, lovers, educators, rescuers and supporters. Our common bond has resulted in a unique and lively community of folks who share some qualities of our favorite dogs: devotion, spirit and tenacity.
EDUCATE & INFLUENCE Through educational outreach and events, we hope to help inspire a better understanding and appreciation of dogs, dispel damaging myths, encourage responsible ownership practices, and offer practical adoption and rescue opportunities. Warm regards,
Community Action Team a 501c3 nonprofit & Haute Dogs
THE MAIN PURPOSE of the Community Action Team (CAT) is to promote social well-being among the general public. As a 501c3 nonprofit corporation governed by a board of directors, contributions to CAT are tax deductible and are used to help produce quality events within our community that benefit children, animals and the environment.
C.A.T. IS AN UMBRELLAorganization that includes 4Halloween Kids' Costume Contest
4July 4 Kids' Bike Parade
4Interfaith Blessing of the Animals
4$1,000 National Kids Spelling Bee
4$1,000 Nat'l Adult Spelling Bee
4Belmont Shore Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest 4Haute Dogs on the Beach events
4Haute Dog Howl'oween Parade
4Operation Easter Basket
4Operation Santa Paws
45k/10k Long Beach Turkey Trot
4monthly 30-Minute Beach Cleanups
4Beds, Bikes, Bears & Blankets giveaway to those in need 4Clothing giveaways to the underserved 4Bulldog Beauty Contest 4Say, "Cheese" Long Beach 24-hr. digital photo contest
POSTPONED OR CANCELLED: We will have to postpone the regular Feb. 2021 Bulldog Beauty Contest to a time when the city allows special events again in Long Beach. Because of safety concerns with COVID, no events are being allowed. And, we don't have the contest in hot months, for the safety of bulldogs. We'll post here once we know more.
Co-sponsored by Councilwoman Suzie Price's office, the Port of Long Beach, and trash/recycling provided by EDCO.
• 9:40 a.m.: Best Dog with a Disability (all breeds/mixes; i.e. blind, deaf, wheelchaired, three-legged, etc.) • 10 a.m.: National (English) Bulldog Beauty Contest • 11 a.m.: Best Jr. Handler, generally for kids ages 8-16 and their dogs • 11:15 a.m.: Best Senior Dog (all breeds/mixes, ages 7+) • 11:30: Best Young Dog (16 weeks to 1 year; all breeds/mixes) • 11:45 p.m.: Most Handsome Dog (all male dogs; all mixes/breeds) • 12 p.m.: Prettiest Dog (all female dogs; all mixes/breeds) • 12:15 p.m.: French Bulldog Beauty Contest • 12:40 p.m.: Cutest Dog (all breeds/mixes) • 12:50 p.m.: Best Costume/Outfit on a dog (all breeds/mixes) • 1 p.m.: National Mutt Show (any mixed breed) • 1:15 p.m.: Best Smile (all breeds/mixes) • 1:30 p.m.: Best in Show (all breeds/mixes) • 1:50 p.m.: Best Legs (all breeds/mixes) • 2 p.m.: Best Small Dog (generally 20 lbs. or less and/or shorter than 16 inches; not puppies) • 2:10 p.m.: Best Large Dog (generally 60+ lbs.) • 2:20 p.m.: Most Photogenic (all breeds/mixes) • 2:30: Best Ears (all breeds/mixes) • 2:40: Best Butt (all breeds/mixes) • 2:50 Best Tail (all breeds/mixes)
All breeds/mixes welcome. Your dog's entry benefits spay/neuter and adoption/rescue and Justin Rudd's nonprofit Community Action Team (CAT).
Adoption fair, food trucks and vendors begin at 9:30 a.m.
Three Food Trucks
- Rice Balls of Fire
- Cocina Fresca
- The Deli Doctor
Thanks to EDCO for taking care of the events trash and recycling!
The grand prize for the Bulldog Beauty Contest will be from LaunderPet, and some of the other contests will receive prizes from LaunderPet.
LaunderPet offers award-winning dog & cat grooming, food & supplies at stores in Belmont Heights, Seal Beach, Bixby Knolls and Los Altos (Wags to Whiskers).
Grandma Lucy's will also be providing prizes for category winners and gift baskets for some of the contests.
THE BULLDOG BEAUTY CONTEST at 10 a.m. will be the main event at this year's Haute Dog Contests produced by beauty pageant coach and bulldog enthusiast Justin Rudd. In addition to the Bulldog and French Bulldog contests, Rudd is again including contests for Senior Dogs (all breeds/mixes, ages 7 & older), Best in Show (all dogs/breeds/mixes), the National Mutt Show, Small Dogs, and Large Dogs.
SPONSORS The event is produced by Justin Rudd/Haute Dogs and benefits Rudd's nonprofit 501c3 Community Action Team (CAT), which includes Haute Dogs and Operation Santa Paws, as well as beach cleanups, spelling bees, art contests, photography events and more.Co-sponsors include Councilwoman Suzie Prize, the Port of Long Beach, and EDCO.
The dogs will be evaluated on personality, charm, face, figure, and first impression. This is a contest where gender is no limitation and good looks is no advantage. Costumes are optional, and not encouraged. We know that most dogs are so adorable that they shouldn't be covered up!
The official on-site vet for the Bulldog Beauty Contest and Haute Dogs contests will again be Dr. Greg Perrault from Cats & Dogs Animal Hospital.
Rent seats at the event with cash. The dog adoption and vendor fairs are 9:30-2:30 p.m.
Contestants ranging in age from four months to 17 years are expected to again travel to Long Beach to compete for the coveted titles.
Costumes are NOT recommended for the bulldog contest.
Organizers realize that most dogs are so adorable that they shouldn't be covered up! We don't recommend outfits, since these dogs can overheat easily.
The dogs will parade down a grassy runway that includes a 60-ft. red carpet runway, flanked by hundreds of gawkers and a panel of real-life beauty queen judges. Judging is based on charm, first impression, face, figure and personality.
NOTE: Each contest’s winners are announced right after each contest -- within about 5 minutes of the finish of each. Dogs encouraged to enter multiple contests at no additional charge.
You can also register at the event with cash. Be registered at least 5 minutes before the contest begins. Save time by filling out the entry form online.
Entry is just $10/advance or $20 at the event, per dog and is good for all contests. All proceeds benefit local canine rescue, adoption, spay/neuter programs, and other Community Action Team events/projects. It's free to spectate, and $5 (day-of-event) to rent a front-row seat on the grassy runway. Rent seats at the event with cash. The dog adoption and vendor fairs are 9:30-3:30 p.m.
The Haute Dog Pageants are a fundraiser for Rudd's nonprofit 501c3 Community Action Team (C.A.T.) of which "Haute Dogs" and "Operation Santa Paws" are a part. Each dog in the contest donates a fee and several thousand dollars was raised from entry fees, $5 front-row seating rentals along the runway and vendors space rentals.
Leave plenty of time for parking - more than 1,000 spectators are expected again this year.
RENT A FRONT-ROW SEAT
Approx. 200 front-row seats will be available for just $5/cash only at the event. We suggest you arrive with $5 cash and be seated by 9:55 a.m. NOTE: Seats did sell out last year.
E-NEWSLETTER To get on the Bulldog, DOG e-News, vendor list or other e-mail lists from Justin Rudd, CLICK HERE and input your e-mail address.
Last year, more than 120 English bulldogs and approx. 75 French bulldogs from at least four states and Canada left the crowd drooling for more. Again this year, each quadruped will strut down a 100-ft. red carpet outdoor runway flanked by hundreds of seats, rentable for $5, for gawkers that will snake around the grassy park. This is a competition where gender is no limitation and good looks are no advantage. The English bulldog competition lasts about an hour.
THE TOP-20 English Bulldogs will be asked to join the judges on the red carpet in the center of the ring for the final judging. All dogs are evaluated by the judges as they pass by the judges. Judges are also looking at bulldog booty, smiles and legs.
Long Beach resident Justin Rudd (a "real-life" pageant coach, judge and expert who has helped a few Miss Americas and Miss USAs to capture their titles (See PageantStar.com) and Rudd's bulldogs Riley and POTUS.
- Miss Teen Long Beach
- Miss Teen Southern California Cities
- Miss Long Beach
- Miss Southern California Cities
- Mrs. Long Beach
- Ms. Southern California Cities
- Ms. Long Beach
- Mrs. Southern California Cities
- Justin Rudd
- some members of the Community Action Team board of directors
NOTES TO VENDORS/RESCUES
- READ all info below BEFORE YOU MAKE PAYMENT. Glad you will be joining us.
- The vendor/adoption fair is 9:30-3 p.m.
on Sun., Feb. 9, 2020.
- The event does not allow vendors to sell animals, breeding services, breeding supplies, etc.
- (UPDATE: We already have three food trucks booked for 2020.) We will only accept the first three food trucks to pay their $75 vendor fee.
- Our insurance does not cover vendors. We don't require insurance. We encourage you to bring a copy of your general liability policy.
- We accept Paypal, check, or cash.
- CLICK LINK BELOW TO PAY ONLINE, or mail check to "Haute Dogs," 3040 E. First St., Long Beach, 90803.
- Please arrive ON EVENT DAY FROM 8:30-9 A.M., check in at the registration tent. You'll find your space assignment then.
Do not drive on the grass.
- Make sure you bring your Long Beach business license or special event permit if you are selling anything (this is different from your seller's permit; details below).
- Each space is 10x10, no electricity available, VERY QUIET generators accepted.
- Vendor spaces do NOT include canopy, table, chairs. You can rent them from us (as supply lasts): table/tent combo for $100; 2 chairs for $10.
- Rain or shine event.
- ABSOLUTELY no refunds or transfers.
- In addition, vendors that are selling anything will need a special event permit that costs approx. $47.67 from the city, or, bring copy of your Long Beach business license. Click HERE for the special event vendor application. Direct all licensing questions to 562/570-6211. NOTE: Nonprofits can apply for a free event vendor application from the business license office.
- We encourage vendors to have an "event special" that is a specially-priced item(s) just for shoppers that day.