HAUTE DOG BEAUTY CONTESTS (featuring the Bulldog Beauty Contest and National Mutt Show) with Pet Adoption Fair and vendor fair. Includes contests for pugs, French & English bulldogs, Poodles, Dachshunds, Pit Bulls, and senior dogs (all breeds/mixes) on Sun., Feb. 16, 2014, in Long Beach, Calif. at Marine Stadium. Free to spectate.
THE HAUTE DOG organization (pro-nounced "HOT") is a diverse and growing network of dog owners, lovers, educators, rescuers and supporters. Our common bond has resulted in a unique and lively community of folks who share some qualities of our favorite dogs: devotion, spirit and tenacity.
EDUCATE & INFLUENCE Through educational outreach and events, we hope to help inspire a better understanding and appreciation of dogs, dispel damaging myths, encourage responsible ownership practices, and offer practical adoption and rescue opportunities. Warm regards,
Community Action Team a 501c3 nonprofit & Haute Dogs
THE MAIN PURPOSE of the Community Action Team (CAT) is to promote social well-being among the general public. As a 501c3 nonprofit corporation governed by a board of directors, contributions to CAT are tax deductible and are used to help produce quality events within our community that benefit children, animals and the environment.
C.A.T. IS AN UMBRELLAorganization that includes 4Halloween Kids' Costume Contest
4July 4 Kids' Bike Parade
4Interfaith Blessing of the Animals
4$1,000 National Elementary School Spelling Bee
4Nat'l Adult Spelling Bee
4Belmont Shore Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest 4Haute Dogs on the Beach events
4Haute Dog Howl'oween Parade
4Operation Easter Basket
4Operation Santa Paws
45k/10k Long Beach Turkey Trot
4monthly 30-Minute Beach Cleanups
4Beds, Bikes, Bears & Blankets giveaway to those in need 4Clothing giveaways to the underserved 4Bulldog Beauty Contest 4Mom Prom 4Say, "Cheese" Long Beach 24-hr. digital photo contest
g Justin's Free e-Newsletters 4DOG e-News Weekly; Long Beach/LA/OC area dog news & events; 15,100+ subscribers click to subscribe 4JUST-IN TIMES e-News Weekly; Long Beach/LA/OC area gay & lesbian news & events; 3,800+ subscribers click to subscribe
DEDICATION This Web site is dedicated to my English Bulldog POTUS, and his late sister Rosie and late brother Riley, and to all dogs who continue to be brave and loving.
THE BULLDOG BEAUTY CONTEST at 10 a.m. was the main event at this year's Haute Dog Beauty Contests produced by beauty pageant coash and bulldog enthusiast Justin Rudd. In addition to the Bulldog and French Bulldog contests, Rudd again included contests for Pugs, Chihuahuas, Pit Bulls, Cute Dogs, Ugly Dogs, Senior Dogs (all breeds/mixes, ages 10 & older), Best in Show (all dogs/breeds/mixes), the National Mutt Show, Small Dogs, and Large Dogs.
Do not mail entry form. Bring form with you.
$10 cash per dog. Purchase seats at the event for $5 cash.
Entry is just $10 per dog and is good for all contests. All proceeds benefit local canine rescue, adoption and spay/neuter programs. It's free to spectate, and $5 to rent a front-row seat on the grassy runway. Rent seats at the event with cash. The dog adoption and vendor fairs are 9:30-3 p.m.
9:40 a.m.: Best talent/trick, all breeds/mixes 10 a.m.: English Bulldog Beauty Contest 11:15 a.m.: Senior Dog Pageant, (all breeds/mixes, ages 10+) 11:25: Best Costume/Outfit on a dog (all breeds/mixes) 11:45 a.m.: Pit Bull Pageant 12 p.m.: Cute Dog Contest 12 p.m.: Ugly Dog Contest 12:15 p.m.: French Bulldog Pageant 12:35 p.m.: Pug Pageant 12:50 p.m.: Best Tail (all breeds/mixes) 1 p.m.: National Mutt Show (any mixed breed) 1:15 p.m.: Best Smile (all breeds/mixes) 1:30 p.m.: Best in Show, (all breeds/mixes) 1:50 p.m.: Best Legs (all breeds/mixes) 2 p.m.: Chihuahua Beauty Contest 2:15 p.m.: Small Dog Pageant (generally 20 lbs. or less and/or shorter than 16 inches; not puppies) 2:25 p.m.: Large Dog Pageant (generally 60+ lbs.) 2:35 p.m.: Poodle Pageant (all sizes) 2:45 p.m.: Dachshund Pageant
Contestants ranging in age from four months to 17 years are expected to again travel to Long Beach, from as far as New York, Idaho, northern California, Nevada, Utah, Montana, Oklahoma and Arizona, to compete for the coveted titles.
Costumes are optional, and not recommended.
Organizers realize that most dogs are so adorable that they shouldn't be covered up! We don't recommend outfits, since these dogs can overheat easily.
The dogs will parade down a grassy runway that includes a 100-ft. red carpet runway, flanked by hundreds of gawkers and a panel of real-life beauty queen judges. Judging is based on charm, first impression, face, figure and personality.
NOTE Each contest’s winners are announced right after each contest -- within about 5 minutes of the finish of each. Dogs encouraged to enter multiple contests at no additional charge.
You can also register at the event with cash. Be registered at least 5 minutes before the contest begins. Save time by filling out the entry form online.
Entry is just $10 per dog and is good for all contests. All proceeds benefit local canine rescue, adoption, spay/neuter programs, and other Community Action Team events/projects. It's free to spectate, and $5 to rent a front-row seat on the grassy runway. Rent seats at the event with cash. The dog adoption and vendor fairs are 9:30-3 p.m.
The Haute Dog Pageants are a fundraiser for Rudd's nonprofit 501c3 Community Action Team (C.A.T.) of which "Haute Dogs" and "Operation Santa Paws" are a part. Each dog in the contest donates a fee and several thousand dollars was raised from entry fees, $5 front-row seating rentals along the runway and vendors space rentals.
Leave plenty of time for parking - more than 1,000 spectators are expected again this year.
RENT A FRONT-ROW SEAT
Approx. 500 front-row seats will be available for just $5/cash only. We suggest you arrive with $5 cash and be seated by 9:55 a.m. NOTE: Seats did sell out last year. PHOTOS | MAP | FACEBOOK |EMAIL LIST
E-NEWSLETTER To get on the Bulldog, DOG e-News, vendor list or other e-mail lists from Justin Rudd, CLICK HERE and input your e-mail address.
Last year, more than 200 English bulldogs and approx. 100 French bulldogs from at least four states and Canada left the crowd drooling for more. Again this year, each quadruped will strut down a 100-ft. red carpet outdoor runway flanked by hundreds of seats, rentable for $5, for gawkers that will snake around the grassy park. This is a competition where gender is no limitation and good looks are no advantage. The English bulldog competition lasts about an hour.
PRIZE SPONSORS include Pussy and Pooch and others. Winners will get a year's worth of fame and notariety, gift certificates, blue ribbons and goodies!
THE TOP-20 English Bulldogs will be asked to join the judges on the red carpet in the center of the ring for the final judging. All dogs are evaluated by the judges as they pass by the judges. Judges are also looking at bulldog booty, smiles and legs.
SPONSORS The event is produced by Justin Rudd/Haute Dogs and benefits Rudd's nonprofit 501c3 Community Action Team (CAT), which includes Haute Dogs and Operation Santa Paws, as well as beach cleanups, spelling bees, art contests, photography events and more.
The dogs will be evaluated on personality, charm, face, figure, and first impression. This is a contest where gender is no limitation and good looks is no advantage. Costumes are optional, and not encouraged. We know that most dogs are so adorable that they shouldn't be covered up!
The official on-site vet for the Bulldog Beauty Contest is Dr. Greg Perrault from Cats & Dogs Animal Hospital.
Long Beach resident Justin Rudd (a "real-life" pageant coach, judge and expert who has helped a few Miss Americas and Miss USAs to capture their titles (See PageantStar.com) and Rudd's bulldogs Riley and POTUS.
- Miss Teen Long Beach
- Miss Teen Southern California Cities
- Miss Long Beach
- Miss Southern California Cities
- Mrs. Long Beach
- Mrs. Southern California Cities
NOTES TO VENDORS/RESCUES
- READ all info below BEFORE YOU MAKE PAYMENT. Glad you will be joining us.
- The vendor/adoption fair is 9:30-3 p.m.
on Sun., Feb. 16, 2014.
- We can only accept the first 40 vendors/rescues who make payment.
- Our insurance does not cover vendors. We don't require insurance, but do offer it if paid to us at least 7 days before the event. We encourage you to bring a copy of your general liability policy. We accept check or Paypal to Justin@JustinRudd.com.
- We accept Paypal or check.
- CLICK LINK BELOW TO PAY ONLINE, or mail check to "Haute Dogs" 5209 E. The Toledo #1, Long Beach, 90803.
- Please arrive ON EVENT DAY FROM 8:15-9 P.M., check in at the orange-colored registration tent. You'll find your space assignment then.
Do not drive on the grass.
- Make sure you bring your Long Beach business license or special event permit if you are selling anything (this is different from your seller's permit; details below).
- Each space is 10x10, no electricity available, no generators accepted.
- Vendor spaces do NOT include canopy, table, chairs. You can rent them from us (as supply lasts): table/tent combo for $100; 2 chairs for $10.
- No sales of food or drink (without special permission from Justin Rudd in advance), and no human food/drink sampling. There will be a few Haute Dogs booths with pre-packaged chips, cookies, candy, sodas and water.
- Rain or shine event.
- ABSOLUTELY no refunds or transfers.
- In addition, vendors that are selling anything will need a special event permit that costs approx. $47.67 from the city, or, bring copy of your Long Beach business license. Click HERE for the special event vendor application. Direct all licensing questions to 562/570-6211. NOTE: Nonprofits can apply for a free event vendor application from the business license office.
- We do not guarantee placement.
- Spaces are typically assigned as payment is received.
- Please provide a fire extinguisher at your booth, if you have a canopy.
- Rescues should bring water dishes for their pets.
- Max. of 6 animals per 10x10 space.
- We encourage vendors to have an "event special" that is a specially-priced item(s) just for shoppers that day.